TEMPO.CO. Jakarta - Flu is a disease that for many people is a plural disease. Some of them have become epidemics, such as bird flu, swine flu, and what has been going on for the past two years is Corona.
Basically, the flu is preventable. Influenza, bird flu and swine flu can be prevented from spreading in several ways. The www.who.int page writes that influenza cases can be prevented by covering the mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing, and washing hands properly and properly regularly. Because influenza is easily spread in the air through coughing or sneezing. Even more effective with vaccination which has been in use for over 60 years.
Influenza Vaccination provide protection for healthy adults. However, for parents this vaccination is less effective, but can reduce the severity of the disease. The vaccine will work if the virus circulating matches the virus contained in the vaccine.
World Health Organization atau WHO over the years have updated the composition of vaccines, among which there are quadrivalent vaccines, trivalent vaccines, and so on.
The spread of the flu can also be avoided by self-protection such as clearing the breath properly. If you feel unwell, have a fever and have other influenza symptoms, immediately isolation themselves early on. It could also be by avoiding direct and close contact with sick people and avoiding touching the eye, nose and mouth area.
Launching from www.cdc.gov vaccinating annually is the best way to reduce the risk of contracting seasonal flu.
To be protected from the flu can be done by:
-Everyone aged six months and over gets the flu vaccine every year, especially those who are at greater risk.
- Take precautions every day to help stop the spread of the virus.
- There are flu antiviral drugs that can be used to treat flu.
- Take advantage of vaccines and learn how vaccines are made to protect against the flu virus, as well as learn facts about the vaccine.
- Since the flu vaccine is different, be aware of the different types of flu vaccine.
- Getting into the habit of living a healthy life can help prevent the spread and protect yourself from the virus.
PUSPITA AMANDA SARI | EK