- It is not not possible for it to get off - NRK Norway - Overview of news from numerous components of the region
- We had been blessed we failed to get rid of any life.
Transport Minister Jon-Ivar Nygård states so. He thinks this is a spectacular party that absolutely everyone would like to avoid.
The operates for the removing of the bridge will start on Tuesday.
Nygård claims the most essential thing now is to carry out in-depth security evaluations of the jobs that will get area tomorrow.
- Right after all, it ought to also be carried out in a protected way, so that there is no harm to the personnel who will have to carry out the work.
Furthermore, he believes they want to carefully look into what the lead to could be and attain knowledge that factors can be completed in another way in the long term.
Nervous about torrential rain
- We are trying to secure and remove the bridge. The problem is about the torrential rain that has been described - which will induce the river to increase and lead to problems, operations manager Bård Einar Hoft at the Innlandet Police District instructed NRK.
A torrential rain warning has been issued for Eastern Norway and Agder. Significant rains are predicted from Monday night.
The Norwegian Meteorological Institute experiences that there are huge nearby versions in intensity and amount and that the temperature can change promptly.
Clouds will establish up through the day and there will be hefty downpours through the night and night time.
- There could be 15 to 20 mm of rain within an hour. It can past for a though and there will be several showers a single right after one more. In some places there can be a great offer if you're out of luck, claims point out meteorologist Magnus Ovhed of the Meteorological Institute.
On-web-site police functions chief Ulf Sørumgård suggests he fears more will transpire at the bridge on Monday.
- Sure, it is not difficult for it to get off, while it now appears to be fairly secure. It's a rough river and a ton of drinking water, so it's totally unachievable for me to say it will continue to be there, suggests Sørumgård.
- Authentic worry
Weighty rains are also anticipated tomorrow afternoon and night.
Aud Margrethe Riseng, head of transportation in Innlandet County, acknowledges that this is a race in opposition to time.
He statements that an excavator is previously on website and hence they are waiting for two cell cranes that are arriving from Drammen.
- It is a real worry. When the river is as large as it is now, and a good deal of rain is also expected, it would be a really regrettable function if the bridge were taken by the river and run down, Riseng says.
- We never want it at all. Which is why we want to start out get the job done as quickly as achievable, she says.
It does not concern flood warnings
NVE has not issued any flood warning in jap Norway.
- Downpour conditions are really unsure, so you may possibly have terrible luck, but in accordance to forecasts, the showers will move quickly and therefore there is no purpose to problem flood warnings in substantial rivers like Gudbrandsdalslågen, says Elin Langsholt, who is the support hydrologist at NVE.
They consider torrential rain will strike more compact rivers and streams and could lead to erosion harm in smaller waterways.
- Great do the job to do
Innlandet County is accountable for the bridge.
- It is essential for us and for the road authorities to open the E6 as before long as achievable, but there is a lot of perform to be performed. Also, prior to starting, danger assessments have to be carried out, so that no a lot more accidents happen, he claims.
Riseng states they will now overview the most current inspections of all wood decks inside.
- It is really to make absolutely sure it really is totally harmless - mainly because it should really be.
He wants exterior management
Numerous resources NRK spoke to assert they endured abnormal movement when weighty vehicles crossed the bridge not too long ago.
The Swedish Highway Administration and Innlandet County are now launching an exterior investigation into the collapse of the Tretten Bridge on Monday, the Swedish Street Administration writes in a press release.
- We ought to have a total and independent critique of the incident. It will have to be protected to generate on Norwegian roads. That is why it can be important to get to the bottom of this problem, suggests highway director Ingrid Dahl Hovland.
The development of a group of impartial experts is underway.
The Norwegian Community Roads Administration has also initiated an investigation into the overview of inspections and actions of other bridges with equivalent construction with the influenced counties. Innlandet County owns and maintains the Tretten Bridge, which was constructed by the Norwegian Community Road Administration in 2012.