NEW YORK - For fans of biking, walking, managing and other actions, it is feasible to do it through 4 Sundays in September and October in a element of the Bronx River Parkway. This is for the reason that it will be shut to cars, Westchester County Govt George Latimes declared.
The function, named Sunday by bike, will get position on Sundays 11, 18 and 25 September and 2 Oct, just about every of people times from 10:00 to 14:00, in a section of the Bronx River Parkway which will be closed to cars and trucks for the exclusive use of cyclists, joggers, walkers, skate boarders and strollers.
The tour operates from Westchester County Middle in White Plains, south of Via Scarsdale to Yonkers, a 13.1-mile spherical journey. There are many entry and exit details along the route.
"As summer ends and again-to-college periods start out to fill up, cycling Sundays are a wonderful way for people to consider time alongside one another although participating in a healthful activity," stated George Latimer, County Westchester Executive.
procedures and rules
- Only motorcyclists, inline skaters, scooters, walkers and joggers are permitted Unauthorized motor motor vehicles, like electrical bicycles and scooters, are not allowed on the Bronx River Parkway and Bronx River Pathway.
- Pedestrians, runners and slower wheeled site visitors should use the suitable lane faster wheeled targeted traffic should really use the still left lane.
- New York Condition regulation necessitates helmets for children beneath the age of 14, such as all those touring on bicycle trailers Helmets are strongly advisable for all participants on wheels.
- New York State law prohibits small children less than the age of 1 from using a bicycle or touring in a individual seat.
- All headphones are prohibited. This consists of, but is not limited to, music devices and palms-free cellular telephones.
- Skateboarding is not permitted.
- Canine are not permitted.
- Cyclists ought to adhere to the 40 mph pace limit of the parkway.
- Little ones traveling in pushchairs need to often be restrained.
- Little ones below 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All individuals need to be out of the way by 1:50 pm
Bicycle Sundays is introduced by Westchester County Parks and sponsored by the Westchester Parks Basis and its companions, as a result of generous donations from co-presenting sponsors NewYork-Presbyterian, NewYork-Presbyterian Health care Group Westchester, Con Edison and BJ's Wholesale Club, with assistance by WHUD.