The summer transfer window has officially come to an end and FC Barcelona has lived some historic months to reinforce its squadstarring the economic 'levers' and the management of Joan Laporta, Mateu Alemany and company, who despite the economic crisis have managed to ensure that the squad for 2022-2023 is of the highest possible quality.
Barça closes the transfer market with a long list of additions, but above all exits. The sports management has managed to 'get rid' of the players that Xavi Hernández did not have for the season and, despite the fact that the income has not been much, the club has managed to 'get rid' of many high salaries in order to generate 'fair financial play.
Have been seven confirmed signings, for 18 players who have left the Spotify Camp Nou with definitive sales or assignments. Next, we review all the operations that the team chaired by Joan Laporta has managed to complete in this summer market:
Transfers of the Barça 2022-2023
- Franck Kessie: He has arrived as a free agent from AC Milan, at the beginning of the summer. The Ivorian arrived at Spotify Camp Nou to reinforce Xavi Hernández's midfield and signed a contract until June 30, 2026.
- Andreas Christensen: He arrived with the freedom letter after finishing his contract with Chelsea to reinforce the Barça defense. Like the midfielder, he agreed to a very low salary and signed an agreement with Barça until 2026.
- Raphinha: It was one of the great soap operas in the transfer market. He was about to end up at Chelsea after a millionaire offer to Leeds United. When everything seemed ready, Raphinha and his agent, Deco, asked for time to wait for Barça, who ended up putting 58 million fixed plus variable euros on the table. He has a contract until 2027.
- Robert Lewandowski: It has been Barça's 'bomb' signing and one of the most important of the summer. Bayern Munich did not want to let him out, because he is his franchise player and he had a contract until 2023, but finally he ended up pressing to go to the Camp Nou in exchange for 45 million euros plus variables. His contract runs until 2026.
- Jules Kounde: It was another of the great 'bombas' for Barça, in a new dispute between the Blaugrana and a Chelsea team that also had a scheduled transfer. The French ended up joining the team coached by Xavi Hernández after paying 50 million euros to Sevilla. He has an agreement with the club until 2027.
- Hector Bellerin: The last day of the summer transfer market has been closed 'in extremis'. He has terminated his contract with Arsenal in order to reach Barça as a free agent and will play with the Catalans this season. He has transpired that he will charge 3.5 million euros.
- Mark Alonso: The player trained at Real Madrid has reached the final stretch after finalizing the termination of his contract with Chelsea. The 'blues' wanted to include the left back in the operation to lower costs, but due to lack of time they ended up resolving their agreement to land in Barcelona. He has a contract until June 30, 2023.
Barca loans 2022-2023
- Francisco Trincao: He returned to Can Barça after finishing his loan at Wolverhampton, but he did not stay long, since he was loaned back to Sporting de Portugal for three million euros.
- Nick Gonzalez: In search of minutes, the midfielder trained at La Masia has left on loan to Valencia for the next season. He will return safely to Barcelona, since Xavi Hernández fully trusts him.
- Alex Collado: another of the footballers who has returned to Barça this summer, after having played in the last six months at Granada. Despite the fact that he aimed to stay, he ended up leaving for Elche this season to add minutes.
- Clement Lenglet: He left on loan to Tottenham for a season and with a purchase option. Barça did not have him and he was one of the first to understand the message and decided to leave.
- Samuel Umtiti: He has left on loan to US Lecce in Serie A for the next season, without an option to buy. Barça will pay the entirety of his record and will receive compensation for the games played by the French central defender.
- Ez Abd: He has gone to Osasuna on loan after renewing his contract with Barça until 2026. The club expects him next season, since they count on him.
- Sergiño Dest: It has been confirmed on the last market day. He has gone to AC Milan on loan for a season, but with a mandatory purchase option for 20 million euros.
Barca casualties 2022-2023
- Philippe Coutinho: It was Barça's first sale, for 20 million euros to Aston Villa.
- Adama Traoré: His loan ended and he returned to Wolverhampton after six months.
- Luke de Jong: His loan from Sevilla ended.
- Dani Alves: His six-month contract with Barça ended and now he is with the Mexican Pumas.
- Óscar Mingueza: Valencia paid 3 million euros for his incorporation until 2024. The club reserves a percentage of a future sale.
- Riqui Puig: He left as a free agent for the LA Galaxy after terminating his contract with Barça. The club reserves a percentage of a future sale.
- King Manaj: He left as a free agent to Watford of the Championship.
- Neto Murara: He left as a free agent to Bournemouth.
- Moussa Wague: He came out with the freedom letter to HNK Gorica.
- Martin Braithwaite: His departure took place on the last day of the transfer market, after terminating his contract by mutual agreement. He ended up signing with RCD Espanyol.
- Aubameyang: the last trade to be closed. He has arrived at Chelsea in exchange for a fixed 15 million euros, without Marcos Alonso finally. He has signed an agreement with the 'blues' for three seasons.