PREMIUM INFLATION. Retirees, civil servants… In total, 14 million French people must receive the inflation bonus in the amount of 100 euros in the days to come. Who is concerned ? How to benefit from it? All info.
[Mis à jour le 26 janvier 2022 à 17h38] The deployment of the prime inflation continues at the beginning of the year. Retirees should receive this bonus worth 100 euros during February 2022. Be careful, to claim it, certain criteria are essential. Retirees must receive a pension lower than 2 000 euros net per month and be French resident. The device put in place by Emmanuel Macron end of 2021 should benefit more than 12 million retirees during the month of February.
What about the two million civil servants who must receive their prime inflation in the month of January ? Do not panic. The payment of the bonus of 100 euros is imminent. You will benefit from this additional compensation from the Thursday January 27, 2022, with your payslip. In total, the inflation bonus will benefit 38 million French people.
First of all, two sine qua non conditions are necessary for obtaining the inflation bonus as a retiree.
- Be a French resident.
- perceive a retirement and/or a reversion of less than 2,000 euros net per month. In addition, it is mandatory to reside in France.
The inflation bonus will be paid to beneficiaries of a asbestos early retirement (early retirement allowance for asbestos workers, ACAATA) if the level of pension paid is less than 2 000 euros net per month. It will also be paid to people benefiting from early termination of activity (end-of-activity leave) by their employer, subject to meeting the income conditions. Beneficiaries of the solidarity allowance for the elderly (ASPA) are also affected. Finally, retirees working in cumulative employment retirement or under the phased retirement will receive the compensation within the framework of their activity, paid by their employer or for the self-employed, the organization in charge of the payment.
Announced by the government in the fall, it is aimed at the middle classes, regardless of their status:
- Private sector employees
- Scholarship students and students receiving APL.
- Retirees and seniors receiving the ASPA
- Freelancers and self-employed
- job seekers
- Beneficiaries of social minima (RSA, AAH…)
The bonus of 100 euros is granted on an individual basis. In other words, the composition of the household is not taken into account to determine eligibility for inflation compensation. Thus, a couple can receive up to 200 euros, ie 100 euros each or only 100 euros if only one of the spouses meets the income conditions (see below). In total, 38 million French people will benefit from the 100 euro inflation check.
But who is affected? To determine eligibility for the inflation allowance, the government has determined a ceiling: are therefore concerned French people who earn less than 2,000 euros net per month – before application of the withholding tax -, regardless of their status and profession. To determine the reference salary, the executive has chosen the month of October 2021. Would you like to know more about the 100 euro bonus? Linternaute.com answers all your questions. Consult our dedicated file now:
The objective of the bonus of 100 euros is to respond to the distress of the most modest households, whose finances are being undermined by galloping inflation. Foodstuffs, energy prices… Many goods and services have increased in recent months due to the strong economic recovery following the coronavirus health crisis. Initially, the executive had worked on the establishment of a fuel check, intended for households that own a vehicle, and who have seen the fuel bill explode with the rise in oil prices. However, this system has proven to be very difficult to implement, so much so that the government preferred to abandon it, opting for a broader solution, and allowing households to pay for expenses other than the fuel.
The jobseekers received the inflation bonus in the amount of 100 euros on tuesday january 25 through Employment center. However, not all job seekers have access to it, find out the eligibility conditions:
- Be registered at Employment center to October 31, 2021
- Not having exercisedprofessional activity in October 2021
- Receive compensation Employment center lower than 2 000 euros net per month
- Be in job search, or in formation paid by Pôle Emploi, or in sick leave, or in maternity leave.
If you carried out a professional activity in October 2021, the bonus of 100 euros will be paid by the employer.
I am a job seeker but I worked in October 2021, am I eligible?
If you carried out a professional activity during the month of October 2021, even while being registered as Jobseeker near Employment center, the prime inflation will be paid to you. Find out by whom the payment of this bonus of 100 euros will be made according to your status:
- Private sector employees or military public officials : payment by your employer
- Childminders or employees of a private employer : payment by Urssaf service “Cesu” or PAJEMPLOI
- Self-employed : payment by Urssaf
Finally, if you were formation in October 2021, the prime inflation will be paid to you by the organization that paid you during the training, here is a non-exhaustive list:
- Employment center
- The Regional Council
- The Services and Payment Agency
The inflation bonus is paid between December 2021 and February 2022. Payment must be made through several channels, depending on the beneficiary’s situation. Here is the payment schedule envisaged by the government:
- End of December 2021: this is the date on which employees received their inflation compensation, directly on their payslip. The employer is responsible for the payment, before being compensated by the State in a second step. The self-employed are also affected by this deadline (the Urssaf then take care of the payment), as are scholarship students (compensated by the Crous).
- End of January 2022 : the State proceeds to the payment of the inflation allowance for civil servants, jobseekers (via Pôle emploi), invalids, students receiving APL and recipients of social minima (via the Family Allowance Fund).
- February 2022 : it is at this deadline that retirees must receive inflation compensation, via their pension fund.
To be eligible, you must win less than 2,000 euros net per month, i.e. 2,600 euros gross for the month from October 2021, whether you are a civil servant, employee, self-employed or retired. Note: this ceiling of 2,000 euros net corresponds to your remuneration before deduction at source. On the payslip, it will therefore simply be necessary to check the line “net payable before income tax“, above “net payable”.
Please note: if you are on a short contract (excluding temporary work), the payment of the 100 euro bonus is not automatic “if the cumulative working time with the same employer is less than 20 hours”, warns the government in its file of hurry. “It will assume that the beneficiary expressly reports to one of his employers, preferably the one with whom the employment relationship is still ongoing, or failing that the one for which they worked the most hours during the month of October. “. What about other situations? Linternaute.com summarizes them for you:
- For retirees : you receive the minimum old age (ASPA) or the total amount of your pensions (general scheme, supplementary, survivor’s pension, etc.) is less than 2,000 euros net in October 2021. “The assessment of resources will be made on the basis of the amount of basic and supplementary retirement pensions (eg AGIRC-ARRCO), including survivors’ pensions [du mois d’octobre 2021]“, it says.
- For independents: you must have been active in October 2021 and have declared to the Urssaf or the MSA an activity income of less than 2,000 euros net per month “for the year 2020”, it is indicated. “The net income retained is that calculated during the annual declaration of income”, it is recalled. “If the activity is created over the period January-October 2021, this condition will be considered satisfied”.
- For the self-employed : your turnover must be at least equal to 900 euros between January 1, 2021 and September 30, 2021. “This amount must also correspond to an average income of 2,000 euros net per month over the period, which corresponds , taking into account the application of tax deductions according to the nature of their activity, to an average monthly turnover of: €4,000 for craftsmen; €6,897 for traders; €3,030 for the liberal professions”, we complete in the press kit.
- For job seekers : you must not be working and your allowance must be less than 2,000 euros net.
The post a payment of 100 euros in February, which pensioners concerned? appeared first on Archyde.