[TheEpochTimesMay192022](Reported by Ye Yifan, reporter of The Epoch Times Special Department) Recently, the telecommunications departments of many provinces in China ordered the mobile phone to shut down the function of receiving international calls and text messages from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan. The analysis believes that the CCP is preparing for the next step of blocking, blocking the Internet, and blocking the country, so as to form an atmosphere similar to that of North Korea, so as to complete the personal worship of those in power and consolidate power.
IT House reported on May 11 that some netizens reported that they received a notice from China Mobile Zhejiang. In order to combat the so-called overseas fraudulent calls, Zhejiang Mobile will by default close international calls, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan calls.
The notice stated that if you need to answer international calls, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan calls, you must send 1219 to 10086 before May 20 for confirmation and registration, otherwise the relevant functions will be closed.
The relevant person in charge of China Mobile Zhejiang responded to this, saying that the matter is true, and the company is notifying users in batches through text messages.
According to the upstream news report on May 9, this operation has been implemented in many places in China, including Henan, Jiangxi, Liaoning, Guizhou and Zhejiang provinces, which have been closed since August last year. SMS receiving function.
In November last year, the Shantou Public Security Bureau issued a guide stating that as long as the three major operators, including China Mobile, China Telecom and China Unicom, can effectively and intelligently intercept the so-called “foreign fraudulent calls”.
Regarding the new round of restrictions by the CCP, many netizens complained on the social media Sina Weibo that they have never received any overseas fraud, but it may prevent you from receiving calls from overseas relatives and friends.
Some netizens accuse the authorities of this practice of restricting the freedom of communication as blatantly unconstitutional and regressing to a second North Korea.
As of 11:00 p.m. on May 15, topics such as “China Mobile’s response will be closed by default to answer international calls, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan” and “Some regions will be closed by default to answer international calls, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan” on Sina Weibo attracted nearly 2 million netizens. .
Sheng Xue, a Chinese-Canadian writer, said in an interview with NTDTV that there are more and more signs that the CCP is expanding the country’s lockdown and the country’s gates are closing fast.
“Now this approach shows that the CCP has made up its mind to shut down the country and cut off the connection between the Chinese people and the outside world,” she said.
Guo Tao, a journalist from Jiangxi, China, said in an interview with Radio Free Asia that the official cut off communication links within and outside China to a limited extent was part of a closed policy. He said that the above-mentioned provinces are only pilots and will soon be expanded to the whole of China.
“It is to prepare for the next bigger action, blocking, blocking the country, blocking the Internet. These text messages and phone calls are only a primary means of measures. They are block and control step by step from weak to strong, the most important thing is it Complete lockdown,” he said.
Current affairs commentator Tang Jingyuan said in NTDTV’s “Hot Talk” program that in history, whenever the CCP began to close down the country, it must have been when its internal crisis was very serious, when the CCP was crumbling and its ability to resist shocks was very fragile, it would instinctively. Strengthen control.
He believes that this will create an atmosphere similar to that of North Korea, a highly closed environment in the flow of people and information. Only in this case can those in power complete such a North Korean model of a cult of personality and consolidation of absolute power. @
Responsible editor: Lian Shuhua#