Child Tax Credit 2021 Know the dates and requirements to obtain it
El Child Tax Credit It has become one of the main aid to families in the United States during the coronavirus pandemic.
The aid has started to be sent from July 15, And these payments arrive monthly as an advance payment, while the other half will be sent once the 2021 tax return is filed.
Parents who are interested in acquire the Child Tax Credit must meet the basic requirementss for the payments to be sent to them, you just have to remember that in the year, there are three more payments left.
- Have filed a 2019 or 2020 tax return and claimed the Child Tax Credit on the return
- Provided the IRS with your information in 2020 to receive the Economic Impact Payment through the Non-Filers tool: Enter Payment Info Here.
- Have given us your information in 2021 with the Non-Filer: Submit Your Information tool
- Have lived in a main home located in the United States for more than half the year or have filed a joint return with a spouse who has a main home.
- Have a qualifying child who is under the age of 18 at the end of 2021 and has a valid Social Security number
- Earning less than certain income limits.
Child Tax Credit advance payments will be sent in monthly installments from July 15, 2021 through December 2021. These are the important dates:
- Payment date: July 15, 2021
- Payment date: August 13, 2021
- Payment date: September 15, 2021
- Payment date: October 15, 2021
- Payment date: November 15, 2021
- Payment date: December 15, 2021
Unfortunately the deadline to request payment for this month can no longer proceed. However, you can order it for October, as long as it is throughout September.
With the passage of the Joe Biden Financial Rescue Plan, the maximum Child Tax Credit was increased to $ 3,600 for children under 6 years old and $ 3,000 for children between 6 and 17 years old.
Payments are monthly and will be sent $ 250 for those under 18 years of age and for those under 6 it will be $ 300 dollars