Live from the universe has therefore achieved a tour de force by dispossessing District 31 of the public’s prize. Indeed, the popular television series won the award for the first three years of its existence.
Thanks to the audience. What we find wonderful is that you have made this concept your own. He came out of the TV and it brings you together, declared France Beaudoin while going on stage for the third time of the evening.
Two awards for France Beaudoin
France Beaudoin also won two awards for the animation of The cultural order and of Live from the universe.
It was our first pandemic project. It was beautiful to see how art could calm people down, underlined France Beaudoin by receiving her second trophy for The cultural order in the category best animation of an original program or series produced for digital media.
The host also won the award for best animation from a cultural magazine for For takeout during the Opening Gala presented on Saturday evening.
Cry from the heart of Guy Jodoin
Guy Jodoin won the Gemini Award for Best Leading Actor in a Comedy for Squad 99.
I am very surprised, I am experiencing a great discomfort at the moment, he declared while asking several times the director of the Gala to stop the music indicating to him that his thanks were too long.
The actor also spoke to broadcasters because the approval of the third season would not be done quickly enough for his liking.
Let the productions breathe, let them take flight. Please, there are so many people working upstream on these shows, I hope we don’t just care about ratings., a conclu Guy Jodoin.
The first trophies
It was the Olympians Aurélie Rivard and Laurence Vincent-Lapointe who presented the first trophy of the evening for the best animation in sport to David Arsenault, Danny Desriveaux, Bruno Heppell, Didier Orméjuste, Matthieu Proulx and Pierre Vercheval for the NFL Football.
Subsequently, the two young women announced that Christine Beaulieu won in the category of best female lead in a comedy for her role of Isabelle Gagnon in Eye of the storm which is only broadcast on ICI Tou.tv Extra and not yet on ICI Télé.
I’m in the center of this cyclone and that’s why I manage to open my heart, said Christine Beaulieu very moved when receiving the award.
The last and third season of Can you hear me? won the award for best comedy in front of The beautiful discomforts 2.0.
In terms of animation awards, Patrick Huard stood out and won honors for the first season of Tower broadcast on TVA, in the category of best program, interview series or talk show.
Tower I’m just a little bit of it. I am the spokesperson for this wonderful team. We wanted to create a place where we could talk to each other and where we didn’t insult each other. I got called a woke this week “,” text “:” The tower I’m just a little bit of it. I am the spokesperson for this wonderful team. We wanted to create a place where we could talk to each other and where we didn’t insult each other. I got called a woke this week “}}”>Tower I’m just a little bit of it. I am the spokesperson for this wonderful team. We wanted to create a place where we could talk to each other and where we didn’t insult each other. I got called a woke this week, said during his thanks Patrick Huard asking François Legault and Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois to apologize.
Dozens of prizes awarded during the other two galas
About sixty prizes were awarded on Saturday at the Gémeaux Awards Opening Gala. The ICI Télé series I would like to be erased collected four prizes, including that of the best male interpretation for Jean-Nicolas Verreault, making it the most awarded production of the evening.
Radio-Canada’s public affairs programs were also in the spotlight with trophies awarded to journalists fromInvestigation and of Carbone.
On Friday, the Industry Gala awarded around sixty prizes to artisans and craftswomen working behind the camera. The documentary My name is human distinguished himself there with a harvest of four trophies.
The finalists of the 36th Gemini Awards Gala: the winners are in bold
Best Drama Series
- Black beast
- The countries above
- Patrick Senécal presents
- Robot portrait
Best Annual Drama Series
- District 31
- The breakaway
- All the life
- Another story
- Discussions with my parents
- The Blue House
- The phoenix
- The beautiful discomforts 2.0
- Can you hear me?
Best Interview Program or Series or Talk Show
- good evening
- Shadow and light
- The week of 4 Julie
- Everybody talks about it
Best reality show
- In the eye of the dragon
- Love is in the meadow
- The Chiefs!
- Double occupancy with us
- Star academy
Best Leading Female Role in a Drama Series
- Isabelle Blais – Black beast
- Sophie Cadieux – Black beast
- Dominique Leduc – Miscellaneous
- Mylène Mackay – Patrick Senécal presents
- Rachel Graton – Robot portrait
Best Leading Actor in a Drama Series
- Stéphane Gagnon – Black beast
- Eric Bruneau – Miscellaneous
- Simon Lacroix – Miscellaneous
- Vincent Leclerc – The countries above
- Théodore Pellerin – Patrick Senécal presents
Best Leading Female Role in an Annual Drama Series
- Maude Guérin – 5e rang
- Sophie Pregent – Alerts
- Geneviève Brouillette – District 31
- Catherine St-Laurent – District 31
- Élizabeth Tremblay-Gagnon – All the life
- Marina Orsini – Another story
Best Leading Actor in an Annual Drama Series
- Charles-Alexandre Dubé – Alerts
- Frédéric Pierre – Alerts
- Michel Charette – District 31
- Vincent-Guillaume Otis – District 31
- Roy Dupuis – All the life
Best Leading Female Role in a Comedy
- Léane Labrèche-Dor – Squad 99
- Christine Beaulieu – Eye of the storm
- Julie Le Breton – The beautiful discomforts 2.0
- Eve Landry – Can you hear me?
- Florence Longpré – Can you hear me?
Best Leading Actor in a Comedy
- Antoine Vézina – Counter offer
- Guy Jodoin – Squad 99
- Martin Matte – The beautiful discomforts 2.0
- Christian Bégin – Guys
- Alexis Martin – Guys
Best entertainment: sports or leisure
- Marc Griffin, Alain Usereau – Major League Baseball “World Series: Game 6”
- David Arsenault, Danny Desriveaux, Bruno Heppell, Didier Orméjuste, Matthieu Proulx, Pierre Vercheval – NFL Football « Super Bowl LV : Chiefs vs Buccaneers »
- Marie-Claude Savard – Untouchables “Drug”
- Vincent Destouches, Frédéric Lord – Impact soccer “Montreal Impact VS Vancouver Whitecaps”
- Robby Ménard, Hélène Pelletier, Yvan Ponton –Tennis at RDS «United States Open | Final: Thiem vs ZverevI »
Best Animation: Social Interest Magazine
- Marie-Louise Arsenault – In the media
- Jean-Marie Lapointe – Month-end
- Isabelle Racicot – For my sons, my silence is impossible
- Sophie Fouron – Hold salon
- Christian Bégin – There are people at mass
Best animation: youth
- Pierre-Yves Roy-Desmarais – 14 thousand million things to know
- Mathieu Pichette – Bizarroscopice
- Pascal Barriault, Valérie Chevalier, Marilou Morin and Pascal Morrissette – Crazy pig
- Pier-Luc Funk and Sarah-Jeanne Labrosse – Mammoth evening 2020
- Jérémie Larouche – No dumber than us
Best animation: variety series or special
- Véronique Cloutier – 1st time
- France Beaudoin – Live from the universe: special New Year’s Day
- Pierre-Yves Lord – The end of the weak
- Louis-José Houde – The 42nd ADISQ Gala
- Édith Cochrane and André Robitaille – Children of TV
Best animation for a program or series produced for digital media: variety, magazine
- Louis-François Marcotte – Help requested
- Sonia Benezra – Benezra receives
- Annie-Soleil Proteau – District 31
- France Beaudoin – The cultural order
- LeLouis Courchesne, Virginie Fortin, Arnaud Soly – The dubbers
The post Gemini Awards Gala: Live From The Universe Wins Audience Award appeared first on Archyde.