The Dallas Mavericks have no trouble with overwhelmed Hornets and in the end score more than twice as many points as the opponent. Replacement weakened Boston Celtics lose with the siren, at OKC a rookie is in a good mood.
Phoenix Suns (3-1) – Portland Trail Blazers (0-3) 119:74 (BOXSCORE)
- The Suns are still in good early shape. Without Chris Paul, but for the first time with Devin Booker, they dominated the game against Portland from the beginning, after only two quarters the lead had grown to 21 points. Booker himself was in a great mood and got 17 points (6/10 FG, 3/6 3FG) in his 18 minutes of action, leading his team.
- There were also four bankers, who got double-digit scores, as well as Elfrid Payton, who almost scratched a triple-double (8 points, 9 assists, 8 rebounds). Booker & Co. were then through with their working day in time to watch Game 2 of the WNBA Finals on site. Paul then joined his teammates for this.
- With the Blazers, the entire starting five was at the start, but offensive very little went together. Damian Lillard got 12 points, leading a team that didn’t even crack 30 percent out of the field.
Charlotte Hornets (1-3) – Dallas Mavericks (3-0) 59:127 (BOXSCORE)
- That was clear. The Mavericks made short work of a hopelessly overwhelmed Hornets team, which was missing three likely starters, Gordon Hayward, Kelly Oubre and Terry Rozier, and in the end scored more than twice as many points as their opponents. Tim Hardaway scored 5/10 from Downtown and scored 20 points.
- Kristaps Porzingis (17 points) and Luka Doncic (10, 8 assists) were also in a good mood, as a team the Mavs 18/46 from downtown met and got good production from the bench. Maxi Kleber also contributed to this, even if he did not hit any throws (0/5 FG, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks). Dallas was superior in every category of the game. In the Hornets, only rookie James Bouknight (12) and Cody Martin (11) got double-digit scores, LaMelo Ball only completed eleven weak minutes (4 points, 2/10 FG).
Indiana Pacers (2-1) – Memphis Grizzlies (3-2) 109:107 (BOXSCORE)
- This game was more in the direction of regular season basketball. Yes Morant was spared on the Grizzlies side, but the game was played intensely until the end and only decided in the final seconds. Jeremy Lamb (20 points) placed a jumper on Indiana with 4.8 seconds to go, Santi Aldama could then no longer sink the last throw of the game.
- Previously, Domantas Sabonis (24, 13 rebounds) had determined the action on Pacers side, rookie Chris Duarte also played very nicely. The number 13 pick came in at 21 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists. On the other hand, Sam Merrill played extremely well (30 points, 8/13 threesome), rookie Ziaire Williams (19) also made people want more.
The post NBA Preseason: Mavericks beat up overwhelmed Hornets appeared first on Archyde.