They will apply 10 million pesos for the restoration of San José, it will conclude in December

Enrique Chavez/Quadratin Tlaxcala

Ruben Hernandez/Quadratin Tlaxcala

TLAXCALA, Tlax., May 18, 2022.- After a year and a half of suspension of the restoration work of the San José parish, activities are restarted with an investment of 10 million pesos (mdp) earmarked for the facade main, damage to the main vault, dome and front wall, among other details of the interior, said Eduardo López, head of the earthquake area of ​​the National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH), noting that it will be delivered in December this project.

The federal official stressed that the resource was stopped for years before the disappearance by President Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) of the Natural Disaster Fund (Fonden) so the money went to the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP). ) and just started its distribution.

These resources will be used for restoration work on the building and infrastructure, mainly on the façade, damage to the main vault, the dome and the front wall, which is why it was on May 17 when activities began again and they intend to finish them as soon as possible. end of the year, “we will deliver it in December and we hope that masses will be celebrated in December, we hope that the Christmas mass will be held there.”

Regarding these works, he pointed out that they will ensure the structure of the parish of San José, to later give way to the details of the interior such as ornamentation, loss of moldings, paintings and accessories, for which there will be 50 people who will be working in this project, in addition to coordinating actions with the Bishop of Tlaxcala, Julio César Salcedo Aquino and Father Padilla who is in charge of this church.

As for the progress, he said that it is 70 percent complete and that the area at risk of collapse has already been attended to since last year, hence it will be approximately six and a half months of restoration work.

However, he stressed that in the previous public works contract the amount applied was 5 million pesos, so added to the 10 million pesos at this time, they add up to a total of 15 million pesos in the two interventions in San José.

He recommended that, henceforth, if pyrotechnics are detonated, it will have to be a distance of 500 meters so that they do not affect the bell towers, since in this case they were the most affected.

Likewise, he highlighted that with the tremor of September 19, 2017, 33 buildings were damaged, for which they expect the dispersion of resources in the amount of 100 million pesos to apply in all these churches, so it will depend on this that work begins in the rest of the temples, among which Ocotlán, Tepeyanco, Ixtacuixtla stand out, among others that are pending, for which he said that it could be until 2023 when the SHCP disperses the resources and with it, these works begin.

Finally, the person in charge of the earthquake area of ​​the National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH), Eduardo López, added “the sacred arch of the parish of San José is protected, there is a part that is protected, there is a catalog and there is an assessment that was made in 2017,” he concluded.

The post They will apply 10 million pesos for the restoration of San José, it will conclude in December appeared first on Archyworldys.

Source link

Leave a Comment