With more than 15 billion dollars invested in the creation of its own productions for its video-on-demand subscription service (SOVD), Netflix has become the most important streaming company in the world.
And it is not a minor figure, considering that this industry is one of the most competitive in the world, with a projection of at least $ 81.3 billion in total value by 2025. For this reason, the fact of being considered the most important platform in this area is a fact that makes Netflix desirable for users.
However, relationships with this company are not always as romantic “as you would like, especially when it comes to” long distance relationships “. Many times, A user can fall in love with a production, be it a movie or a series, which cannot be reproduced in their application because it is limited to a specific country or geographical area.
For example, it should be remembered that at the end of 2018 a news item became popular in which Netflix announced that its Christmas gift for its users was the premiere of ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ on its platform, on December 25 of that year. However, many of the people, especially in Latin America, were disappointed when they realized that the gift would be valid on Netflix United States and that the movie could not be played in this part of the world.
To solve this problem, the ideal is to “fool” Netflix, making it believe that it is in a region very different from yours; And this can only be achieved in one way: using a VPN.
According to ESET, a company specialized in cybersecurity, a virtual private network, (or Virtual Private Network – VPN-) is “A network technology that is used to connect one or more computers to a private network using the internet.” In this way, this technology replaces the IP provided by an internet provider, allowing you to configure it according to the settings you want, including the country you choose.
In this way, even if you are in Colombia or Mexico, with the help of a VPN, you can, for example, make Netflix believe that you are in the United States or Great Britain by means of a configured IP.
In order to successfully change the country or region with which Netflix will know what content it can or cannot offer, you just have to follow these simple steps:
1. Create a new Netflix account, or if you already have one, make sure you have a status of “active” in the same.
2. For this example, Infobae suggests download PIA, which provides a series of VPNs to achieve the goal you want with Netflix.
3. Subscribe to the service offered by PIA, and download the program (in the case of a Mac or PC) or application (in mobile operating systems such as Android or iOS).
4. Install the application and open it.
5. Inside it, you just have to tap on the button Servidor VPN (in the case of mobile devices) and choose the VPN option you want according to the country you want.
6. In the case of desktop devices, such as the Mac, you must go to the padlock icon that will appear in the status bar of the laptop and click on it. Immediately A drop-down menu will appear where you can choose the country you want. When selected, a green dot will appear to represent that the VPN is already active.
7. Finally, it only remains to open Netflix, on your computer or cell phone, and enjoy the new content that you surely could not enjoy with a native IP of your country of residence.
This way, you can put aside the annoying message: “Content not available in your region”, and enjoy new movies or series for the country in which you live.
The post What is a VPN and how it can help you to watch Netflix content not available in your region appeared first on Archyde.